1. What were some of the most emotional parts of the book for you?
2. What did you take away from this book that is relevant to our world/society today?
3. Were there any standout words of wisdom that made you pause and think about your own life?
4. What surprised you the most about this book?
5. Which scene disturbed you the most?
6. Did you fact check any historical points made in the book?
7. Which character did you most feel an affinity with?
8. If a movie were made of this book, what would be the theme song?
9. If you had a chance to ask the author a question about this book, what would it be?
10. If you had a chance to ask one of the characters a question, what would it be?
11. What did you already know about the historical events in this book and what did you learn?
12. What motivates your favorite character’s actions?
13. In what ways do main characters grow or change during the course of the novel?
14. Can you pick out a passage that strikes you as particularly profound or interesting?
15. Did this book make you think differently about anything? Did it introduce you to a new point of view or a new concept?
16. Was this book what you expected it to be based on the summary?
17. How did the setting and time period impact the story for you?
18. Did the story unfold the way you expected; if not, what surprised you?